[::..Singapore: Wednesday 24th Jan 07, 11.00am..::]
It had been a hectic week. A lot like the movie: My Best Friend's Wedding, without the malice involved. My long term mate is getting married in 2 days time, and we are on the roll. Final preparations are on the way. I have been in London for most of it, and now that I am back at home, I am trying my best to help as much as I can. My first duty was to iron on thousands of Swarovski Crystals on her bridal outfits. Blah...easier said than done. But it had to be done-just for the bride! I was doing well, right up till jet lag sets in. I was given a few days off from my mate's bridal duties to get my outfits for the three days and to sort out my face. Being in London really dehydrated my skin, and I really need a good luxurious facial. I bought 4 outfits yesterday. Not a very happy day as finding baju kurung (traditional Malay Outfit) for this big girl is not easy. Not in the land of Singapore where every girl is tiny. But I managed to buy myself 4 baju kurungs only to find that my mum had lots of pretty dresses in cupboard. Desperately trying to get a refund on two of them dresses, but this is Singapore, not London where you can get a refund for things you bought. I think I will only get an exchange. No one here has ever heard about Statutory Rights I'm guessing!
I am missing London so much. Especially the weather and the lifestyle. Being away from my second home is upsetting me. After being away from Singapore for a year, I came home to feel completely alienated from the practices and lifestyles here. In simpler terms-I felt out of place. Not that i am any different, or any more British, it is only that the people i know here moved on, and I am still stuck at the time I last saw them-Dec 2005! I find it hard to accept that Singapore is getting so expansive, and the TV programs are mostly American. I prefer UK TV and the English accent! My auntie's kids are all grown up teenagers as well. I thought I left them as tiny tots. Sigh....
I am not complaining about the food though. I am enjoying food soooo much. And lots of new Halal establishments now. Eating is not a problem. Mum only cooked once since I came home. But then again, I was never at home since I am back. I spent most of my waking hours outside shopping and helping my mate on her wedding preparations. Finally I get to meet my two best mates. Missed them lots when I was in London.
-Life is never same when your heart is torn in two places......
Farah
I am missing London so much. Especially the weather and the lifestyle. Being away from my second home is upsetting me. After being away from Singapore for a year, I came home to feel completely alienated from the practices and lifestyles here. In simpler terms-I felt out of place. Not that i am any different, or any more British, it is only that the people i know here moved on, and I am still stuck at the time I last saw them-Dec 2005! I find it hard to accept that Singapore is getting so expansive, and the TV programs are mostly American. I prefer UK TV and the English accent! My auntie's kids are all grown up teenagers as well. I thought I left them as tiny tots. Sigh....
I am not complaining about the food though. I am enjoying food soooo much. And lots of new Halal establishments now. Eating is not a problem. Mum only cooked once since I came home. But then again, I was never at home since I am back. I spent most of my waking hours outside shopping and helping my mate on her wedding preparations. Finally I get to meet my two best mates. Missed them lots when I was in London.
-Life is never same when your heart is torn in two places......
Farah