//......Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Your Words, they Break My Soul......\\

My Words

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Know Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return...

Don't Try To Fix Me....
I'm Not Broken!

My Past

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009

My Loves

Listen to Quran Online
The Dowra Program
Dar Al-Mustafa
Ahmad Zahab
My Heaven
Faza
Syifaa
Dollie
Nash

My Needs


JoinSunniPath Academy!
Want to learn to Recite the Quran?Click Here!
Knowledge for the Soul!

Gentle Disclaimer

Entries of this blog are mood dependent. I will write as I please.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace


The Randoms







Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

[::..Back from Bruxelles..::]

Phew, back at last. I didn't miss the snow at all in London because, I was blessed with my own snow in Bruxelles. It snowed heavily on my first day in class. It was amazing. I have never seen snow so white, fluffy, light and yet heavy in my life before. This beats the rubbish snow in London!

I had such a good time. of course this time, more intense studying and I paid so much attention in class, i was knackered at the end of the day. On my first night, it was absolutely freezing. I was smart enough to bring my winter coat, gloves and even scarf. I somehow had the feeling that it is going to be colder there. And I was right. I arrived at night on Sunday. No group dinner so I had to make do with my own crappy dinner. Had vegetarian pizza at pizza hut. It was ok. Went with my colleague Mark. We took the bus back to the hotel coz he didn't have a winter coat on, and the both of us were just cold! I think he just wanted to get back to give his wife a call to say hes ok!

I couldn't sleep that night. I switched on the air con, but it was more like a HOT con! It felt like I was drowning in hell fire. But how would I know what hell is like! But I was cozy though. I had a good sized bed, with 6 downs pillow which are compartmentalised, which means, it has good head support. It was firm, yet fluffy. I was in love with my pillow, I decided to buy one until I found out that it was going to cost me £60 for a pillow which comes with its own 300+ threadcount egyption cotton pillow case. Forget it. Next time maybe.

Classes were intense, but very helpful for my exam. I actually stayed awake throughout the whole thing. I kept on loading myself with orange juice. The muslim staffs in the hotel treated me like royalty, they treated me so well, Mark said next time, he wants to wear the hijab as well so they will treat him just as well!

Spent a lot of my time in my room reading this time round. Paid for the exam, might as well give it a good shot. 6 more weeks to D-Day. Didn't even go for the city tour, well, I went last year.

My Bruxelle experience was marred by a "B" in the Eurostar Immigration. She singled me out, and said she wants me to take off my hijab just so that she can make sure it is me in the passport. I know my passport photo wasn't with the hijab, but in my passport, I had a UNITED KINGDOM ENTRY VISA which had a hijab on. And i showed it to her, she said NOT GOOD ENOUGH! What nonsence. Then brought me to the back of the wall to open my hijab, but there was a queue that could see me. This time I told her in the face :NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Then she brought me to the room, and asked me to open my hijab in the room, and there was a man in there working on the PC. Which part of this whole nonsense can she not understand Ignorant English Witch! I said to her: Not GOOD ENOUGH! Then she asked the man to get out of the room but the door was open and the queue of men could still see me. She is one stupid woman. She really is. It wasn't even a proper investigating room. It was an office. And you know, when finally she was satisfied I was me, i told her i was going to take some time to pin everything back in place. She couldn't even be bothered to wait, she left ME, ALONE, in the officers room where there are lots of confidential files and went out with my passport and handed it over to Mark (she said my friend). How did she know Mark was my friend? Mark could just be someone I knew, or someone I just chatted with. So unprofessional.

What was wierd though was that she was bothered about what was on MY HEAD, rather than what was in my bag. I managed to bring in a CORKSCREW into the Eurostar without the XRAY Security noticing. What a stupid ignorant woman. THIS IS NOT CHECKING ME OUT BECAUSE OF SOME ANTI TERRORISM ACT OR SECURITY. THIS IS MORE ABOUT BEING AN ENGLISH RACIST! If not, she is just plain jealous that I am gorgeous! Haha......

Too fed up to continue. UK should have guidelines on choosing people to check. You can't just single out the muslims. We have human rights too. You can't just strip people of their modesty just because you feel like it. God will punish you for it. One day, Allah will do something so you to will wear a hijab, like maybe, make you bald!

I'm not a terrorist. I'm not opressed by my hijab. I'm a muslim, and thats my way of life. If you don't like my hijab, try walking around the streets in your bra and panties, or even better, naked. See if you like it. Or see if others like it? Yuck! So gross.................

F.A.R.A.H


-Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but your words, they break my soul.

flamingbikini - 10:02 PM

|