[::..Steamed Eggs anyone?..::]
I was in an experimental mood today even after a hard days work. I was going to make roast chicken, and steamed eggs the way auntie Karen taught me. But I was going to add some minced beef and spring onions to make it nicer....
So, I beat 4 eggs (I can't remember if egg yolks are used, but what the heck, i will use it as well), added dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, sesame oil, salt, white pepper, black pepper and then the spring onions and mince beef. Put it in the steamer and hope for the best.
After 3 minutes, the aroma filler the room, so I decide to open and take a look. To my horror, i found a crinkled expanding entity inside. Then I remembered....I forgot to add some water to the whole mixture of beaten eggs. Sigh....As always, sometimes my skills fail me. The steamed egg was still nice to eat, only it didn't have that glistening smooth tofu texture. Well...maybe next time.
My roast chicken as usual is always good. So, no need to talk about that.
I had a nice day today. Mo and I had Dr Wajid with us. So, it was an exceptionally fine day. Sad to say Wajid is leaving us soon. Wish we could have him forever. I was very tired at the end of the day though. Michelle wanted me to try to program the ICD for induction. Then she checked. She said i did ok. I was happy because i have been away for 6 weeks and I was trying to remember what to do. Mo taught me lots of things about pacemaker and ICD today as well. She has an encyclopedia for a brain. Sometimes I wonder where she gets all this information from. And how she could retain it all. I suppose, I just have to work a bit harder at making use of my dainty little brain!
Well....I'm so tired. Sometimes I wonder, what the hell am I doing here. The novelty of working in a foreign country is wearing off. Life, is always better at home where my loved ones are....
-Fools rush in where angels fear to fly.
So, I beat 4 eggs (I can't remember if egg yolks are used, but what the heck, i will use it as well), added dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, sesame oil, salt, white pepper, black pepper and then the spring onions and mince beef. Put it in the steamer and hope for the best.
After 3 minutes, the aroma filler the room, so I decide to open and take a look. To my horror, i found a crinkled expanding entity inside. Then I remembered....I forgot to add some water to the whole mixture of beaten eggs. Sigh....As always, sometimes my skills fail me. The steamed egg was still nice to eat, only it didn't have that glistening smooth tofu texture. Well...maybe next time.
My roast chicken as usual is always good. So, no need to talk about that.
I had a nice day today. Mo and I had Dr Wajid with us. So, it was an exceptionally fine day. Sad to say Wajid is leaving us soon. Wish we could have him forever. I was very tired at the end of the day though. Michelle wanted me to try to program the ICD for induction. Then she checked. She said i did ok. I was happy because i have been away for 6 weeks and I was trying to remember what to do. Mo taught me lots of things about pacemaker and ICD today as well. She has an encyclopedia for a brain. Sometimes I wonder where she gets all this information from. And how she could retain it all. I suppose, I just have to work a bit harder at making use of my dainty little brain!
Well....I'm so tired. Sometimes I wonder, what the hell am I doing here. The novelty of working in a foreign country is wearing off. Life, is always better at home where my loved ones are....
-Fools rush in where angels fear to fly.