[::..Hamburg Part 2..::]
Yeah, I just got home from a super 14hr long day. I am soooooo tired. But it is ok. It pays my rent!
I was given the chance to use the mapping system today. I am well happy about it. Not easy when you have to do it yourself. But I managed. I have so many questions to ask the rep, but she answered me patiently and painstakingly. I swear I was getting on her nerves, but if I am shy, i will never learn.
Hamburg is such a seafood paradise. I didn't know they were quite hot on seafood. But it was paradise for me. Even fish. I enjoyed red snapper, and all sorts. The first dinner we had was 5 courses. Food was excreting from my nose at the end of it. And when we order coffee and tea, it came with it's own little tray of goodies as well! We were just laughing like crazy coz we thought the Hamburg-ers loved us. They kept feeding us! My first course was a tomato pate with cucumber and prawn mayonnaise (something like that!), second starter was asparagus cooked with Parmesan cheese and salad. Then third starter was lobster bisque with crayfish, main course was a superb fried fish with salad, sauces and lots more on the plate, then dessert was ice cream, sugar basket, strawberries, raspberries and what have you....I was so full that night, I had trouble sleeping. All all paid for by the company. The second night, we decided to go on the cheap just in case they won't reimburse us back. So we finished all the free bread, and ordered a main course which was fried red snapper with cherry tomatoes, special sauce, salad and sauteed new potatoes. And we had desserts as well. I had creme brulee with two slices of ice cream, and fruits...it was sort of healthy-the fruit bit, but that was it!
Right, back to the holiday part of Hamburg. Mel and I spent 2 more nights in Hamburg. Our hotel was 4 stars but very cheap. We got ourselves two single rooms inclusive of breakfast, first night dinner free, bottle of wine and free airport transfer!
So, on the first night, we were supposed to eat CHEF'S CHOICE-whatever that it. I was in a state of panic when the waiter didn't ask what we wanted to eat. Then he came and told us that we both have a bottle of wine each, which we politely declined coz Mel and I do not drink! So he gave us free flow of soft drinks which we appreciated very much and proceeded to tell us what we will be served! I heaved a sigh of relief when he said for starters we will have asparagus soup with cream and chives (YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!), main was friend medallions of red snapper and the trimmings and dessert-was our favourite. It was a huge plate full of strawberries in like strawberry jam, ice cream with caster sugar and chocolate flakes on the sides. It was awesome!
The next night was a bit lousy though coz we had to pay for our dinner. So, we went on the super cheap and ordered vegetarian pizza with a huge loaf of cheese bread and garlic sauce. I know, it is terrible. With all the pizza dough, how can we order more bread! But we did....
With that last meal....we said good night to Hamburg and goodbye to all the good food that we have for the past 5 days!
In every country, every corner, there is hardly a need to succumb to eating non halal chicken and meats...coz there is always vegetables, fruits, seafood and ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farah-10kg heavier definitely.
"I want to be swept off my feet. I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it." -Anonymous
I was given the chance to use the mapping system today. I am well happy about it. Not easy when you have to do it yourself. But I managed. I have so many questions to ask the rep, but she answered me patiently and painstakingly. I swear I was getting on her nerves, but if I am shy, i will never learn.
Hamburg is such a seafood paradise. I didn't know they were quite hot on seafood. But it was paradise for me. Even fish. I enjoyed red snapper, and all sorts. The first dinner we had was 5 courses. Food was excreting from my nose at the end of it. And when we order coffee and tea, it came with it's own little tray of goodies as well! We were just laughing like crazy coz we thought the Hamburg-ers loved us. They kept feeding us! My first course was a tomato pate with cucumber and prawn mayonnaise (something like that!), second starter was asparagus cooked with Parmesan cheese and salad. Then third starter was lobster bisque with crayfish, main course was a superb fried fish with salad, sauces and lots more on the plate, then dessert was ice cream, sugar basket, strawberries, raspberries and what have you....I was so full that night, I had trouble sleeping. All all paid for by the company. The second night, we decided to go on the cheap just in case they won't reimburse us back. So we finished all the free bread, and ordered a main course which was fried red snapper with cherry tomatoes, special sauce, salad and sauteed new potatoes. And we had desserts as well. I had creme brulee with two slices of ice cream, and fruits...it was sort of healthy-the fruit bit, but that was it!
Right, back to the holiday part of Hamburg. Mel and I spent 2 more nights in Hamburg. Our hotel was 4 stars but very cheap. We got ourselves two single rooms inclusive of breakfast, first night dinner free, bottle of wine and free airport transfer!
So, on the first night, we were supposed to eat CHEF'S CHOICE-whatever that it. I was in a state of panic when the waiter didn't ask what we wanted to eat. Then he came and told us that we both have a bottle of wine each, which we politely declined coz Mel and I do not drink! So he gave us free flow of soft drinks which we appreciated very much and proceeded to tell us what we will be served! I heaved a sigh of relief when he said for starters we will have asparagus soup with cream and chives (YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!), main was friend medallions of red snapper and the trimmings and dessert-was our favourite. It was a huge plate full of strawberries in like strawberry jam, ice cream with caster sugar and chocolate flakes on the sides. It was awesome!
The next night was a bit lousy though coz we had to pay for our dinner. So, we went on the super cheap and ordered vegetarian pizza with a huge loaf of cheese bread and garlic sauce. I know, it is terrible. With all the pizza dough, how can we order more bread! But we did....
With that last meal....we said good night to Hamburg and goodbye to all the good food that we have for the past 5 days!
In every country, every corner, there is hardly a need to succumb to eating non halal chicken and meats...coz there is always vegetables, fruits, seafood and ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farah-10kg heavier definitely.
"I want to be swept off my feet. I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it." -Anonymous