[::..What a week..::]
I just came out from a super hectic week. In fact, June was by far, the BUSIEST month for me. The last time I worked like this was the few weeks before I made my way home to Singapore. At least I got a nice 6 weeks holiday. This time, I have next week, and the week after, and the weeks to follow to face. Soon, Ramadhan is approaching.
I'm in a state again. In a state which I am finally happy to be in. A state which I feel I am doing the right things, buying the right books, reading the right articles, saying the right words and so on. And yet, I feel like 24hrs a day, 7 days a week is far too short. So many things to do, so many things to catch up on. You wouldn't want to be in a typical Farah's day. It will tire you out physically, mentally and spiritually.
Classes started with a bang. And now, the sparks have just appeared. I am enjoying the lessons more and more. Learning things that I have never been certain about. And having access to someone who can answer all my questions be it proper, or weird all the time. I have wonderful teachers, who are funny, jovial, and makes no one feel like a fool. My classmates are from all over the globe, all walks of live, all ages. It is so wonderful. Teachers who are born and bred in a Western world, and yet, still very conservative when it comes to matters that mean most to the heart. This way, I get a broader perspective.
Some of the people in my old group are really against my instituition. Some even went as far as saying it is an innovation. Truth be told, he or they have never even enrolled for a class. But whatever rocks their boat, as this one rocks MINE! I share the words of wisdom with whoever is interested to listen, by far, it is my mom. I know she is monitoring the situation in case I fall into bad hands. But my, don't you worry. I will be OK. Hope mum gets well soon. She was in hospital few days ago. So, everyone, please give your sincere duas to my mummy. And to my younger brother, who is doing so well in the thing he does not. Makes any parent or older sister feel happy. But most important thing is, sincere intentions, or else, it is all for the jamban!
A typical week: Work 9-5pm, some days till 7,30pm, 8,30pm or 9.30pm. Some days start at 7.30am, 8am, or 8.30am. Lunch only half and hour. Long hours sometimes 3-4 times a week. I had a 5 long day week once. Of course money is good, but there goes all my preparation for my classes. Like this week, I did no homework or listen to any recorded lectures. I had to listen to then today from 11am onwards. Lessons starts at 2pm, next one at 5pm, and last one at 9.30pm. Sundays, one class only, but that particular class has recorded lessons which will shave off almost 2.5hrs of your Sunday on top of the Live lessons which is about 1-1.5hrs. Life is hectic, yes, but it is also worth it.
Someone said to me before, that I am just like any other girls on the street, hanging on to meaningless things. I think let ME be the judge of my life!
To my Mummy: Get well soon.
To my Dad: Thanks for taking care of mum.
To my beloved Uncle: Stop sleeping in the office, and sitting by the PC all the time. It is not good for your health! (This is Dr Farah speaking).
To my 2 best friends: You girls are hopeless in emails. :)
To my two sisters: Study hard and tell people who irritate you to go and GET A LIFE, &.........A JOB!
To the rest of the world, I might not come home this year, or next year, but I will insya Allah see you all again.
And to my lovely little Princess Farizah: When will I see you.....again? Soon I hope, maybe in the lovely lake by Disneyland?
Farah
"I want to be swept off my feet. I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it." -Anonymous
I'm in a state again. In a state which I am finally happy to be in. A state which I feel I am doing the right things, buying the right books, reading the right articles, saying the right words and so on. And yet, I feel like 24hrs a day, 7 days a week is far too short. So many things to do, so many things to catch up on. You wouldn't want to be in a typical Farah's day. It will tire you out physically, mentally and spiritually.
Classes started with a bang. And now, the sparks have just appeared. I am enjoying the lessons more and more. Learning things that I have never been certain about. And having access to someone who can answer all my questions be it proper, or weird all the time. I have wonderful teachers, who are funny, jovial, and makes no one feel like a fool. My classmates are from all over the globe, all walks of live, all ages. It is so wonderful. Teachers who are born and bred in a Western world, and yet, still very conservative when it comes to matters that mean most to the heart. This way, I get a broader perspective.
Some of the people in my old group are really against my instituition. Some even went as far as saying it is an innovation. Truth be told, he or they have never even enrolled for a class. But whatever rocks their boat, as this one rocks MINE! I share the words of wisdom with whoever is interested to listen, by far, it is my mom. I know she is monitoring the situation in case I fall into bad hands. But my, don't you worry. I will be OK. Hope mum gets well soon. She was in hospital few days ago. So, everyone, please give your sincere duas to my mummy. And to my younger brother, who is doing so well in the thing he does not. Makes any parent or older sister feel happy. But most important thing is, sincere intentions, or else, it is all for the jamban!
A typical week: Work 9-5pm, some days till 7,30pm, 8,30pm or 9.30pm. Some days start at 7.30am, 8am, or 8.30am. Lunch only half and hour. Long hours sometimes 3-4 times a week. I had a 5 long day week once. Of course money is good, but there goes all my preparation for my classes. Like this week, I did no homework or listen to any recorded lectures. I had to listen to then today from 11am onwards. Lessons starts at 2pm, next one at 5pm, and last one at 9.30pm. Sundays, one class only, but that particular class has recorded lessons which will shave off almost 2.5hrs of your Sunday on top of the Live lessons which is about 1-1.5hrs. Life is hectic, yes, but it is also worth it.
Someone said to me before, that I am just like any other girls on the street, hanging on to meaningless things. I think let ME be the judge of my life!
To my Mummy: Get well soon.
To my Dad: Thanks for taking care of mum.
To my beloved Uncle: Stop sleeping in the office, and sitting by the PC all the time. It is not good for your health! (This is Dr Farah speaking).
To my 2 best friends: You girls are hopeless in emails. :)
To my two sisters: Study hard and tell people who irritate you to go and GET A LIFE, &.........A JOB!
To the rest of the world, I might not come home this year, or next year, but I will insya Allah see you all again.
And to my lovely little Princess Farizah: When will I see you.....again? Soon I hope, maybe in the lovely lake by Disneyland?
Farah
"I want to be swept off my feet. I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it." -Anonymous