[::..Break a Leg!..::]
Yesterday, was one of those days!
I walked to work. Enjoying the glorious sunshine and the greens. Listening to some important stuff on me ipod....reached work, greeted whoever passed me by, got a patient, dried to plug in the defibrillator under the bed, then.....click....
.
.
.
I couldn't stand up, couldn't walk, could only Hop!
I busted my knees in just 30mins at work. It was excruciating. But all I could think of was how am I going to leave the department while we are short of staff this week? So, I steady on, drag myself around on chairs with rollers. Hobble around for a bit, sat some more.
.
.
.
One of my colleagues bandaged my knee, got me ice and told me to sit still.
Then I spoke to my doctor, Rakesh. He said I need to see someone in case I tore or broke something inside. May or may not need surgery....I was scared. So, he spoke to Sofian, a nice Bruneian doctor who is a registrar in Chelsea & Westminster Hospital. Asked him to arrange for me to see someone quick. So, I hobbled down to my hospital lobby. Sarah managed to persuade the transport man to send me to C&W hospital. At C&W hospital lobby, I met Sofian. He asked me the dreaded question: "When is your date of Birth?" I hate answering that question these days. I am getting old people! But I had to answer him since he was passing my info to his colleague. So, I registered at A&E, usually, it takes you 5hrs to be seen. But I was called in, in just 2 minutes after registering.
.
.
.
The SHO asked me questions, pried my knee here and there, pressed here and there! Painful!Ouch! Then he said, he needs to speak to the A&E Registrar. And I overheard him presenting my case. He started with, "This 28 year old lady....." And in my head I remembered asking myself, "Who's 28? Who is he talking about?" Then it struck me, it was me! I was the 28 year old lady! Damn it. I forget sometimes. Sometimes I get confuse and say I'm 27! Haha. I might do that still when I'm 37. It's not fabulous being 28, unmarried, with a broken knee in a foreign land. Believe me.
.
.
.
I couldn't straighten my knee. It was just toooooo painful. It felt hollow, and tender. So the doctors said I tore a ligament, or tendon, I can't remember coz I was fussing in my head about when I am going to get well. The doctors said, give the knee a rest to heal, don't go to work if I can't bear the pain, and on Friday morning, come and see them again. They will decide if I will need an operation.
.
.
.
So, I hobbled home. Very tired on my left leg as I have been using it to walk. In the bus, a fat boy stepped on my injured foot and all I could do was give a little smile of pain. Then a fat woman tried to squeeze in the next seat to me, almost knocking me off my seat. I was so pissed off by this time. So I decided to squeeze her in even more. I paid for the bus ride, i have a right to my side of the seat, especially when I am in pain with a busted knee.
.
.
.
Got home, realised that I have no food. So had to eat Maggi for now. Can bear going out again. Had to pray sitting down on a chair. Called my darling friend Lala, and told her I am Owen (He busted his knee as well!) Can't walk. Had to use a chair as a walking frame. I feel so useless. So, today, more pain killers, more anti inflammatory. I really hope, I'm back to work tomorrow. We don't want to piss off our bosses do we?????????
.
.
.
Farah
"By Time, verily men are at loss, except those who believe."