//......Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Your Words, they Break My Soul......\\

My Words

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Know Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return...

Don't Try To Fix Me....
I'm Not Broken!

My Past

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009

My Loves

Listen to Quran Online
The Dowra Program
Dar Al-Mustafa
Ahmad Zahab
My Heaven
Faza
Syifaa
Dollie
Nash

My Needs


JoinSunniPath Academy!
Want to learn to Recite the Quran?Click Here!
Knowledge for the Soul!

Gentle Disclaimer

Entries of this blog are mood dependent. I will write as I please.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace


The Randoms







Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

Saturday, July 14, 2007

[::..Moulin Rouge, Bollywood and Hong Kong!..::]

Hello.........
Time is too short for those who wait...
Anyway, I have been so busy with work, it is impossible to do anything. UK is supposed to be having really warm weather this weekend but who knows!

I took time off yesterday to catch up on my studies, do my homework, take notes, but it was not meant to be. I did nothing. Woke up at 8am, just like any work day, started eating prawn cocktail, sandwiches, crisp and rice cakes. Stopped eating at 11am, then I started watching movies. I was watching American Pie 4, but it was boring and too vulgar, so changed to Mr Bean's Holiday. It wasn't funny ha ha, but he was kinda cute. Farizah, if you are reading this, that is exactly how we are going to go from London to Paris. By Mr Bean's train. But we will not be stopping in Paris. We will be going to Disneyland straight, then maybe we will spend a day in Paris. We have to take pictures with Eiffel Tower, eat croissants, eat fruit tarts and basically do what the French do! Au Revoir Mademoiselle Farizah!

After Mr Bean's Holiday, I took a big step to watch Bride and Prejudice. I am normally not a fan of Bollywood unless it is Comedy. All the Bollywood films are always so depressing. But this one, was fantastic. And it is in English. You don't need subtitles. It is funny, sad and uplifting. I think all of them did wonderfully in an English movie. I really enjoyed all the traditional dance scenes. It was so colourful, so lively, so happening. If you take a peek closer, you can see Ashanti in a sexy Indian sari dancing and performing in Goa. Very nice, hence my new music in the blog.

So, I stayed at home ALL day. By night, i was itching to go out. Found a Chinese MUSLIM restaurant somewhere in Tooting Bec. Took a long bus ride to Tooting Bec, stopped outside a Church. They were having a function, what sort, I don't know but it looked a bit spooky. So, I fumble in there, went into the church grave, walked among the dead, and saw a woman, dressed in white, make up like she was in Moulin Rouge performing (super white face, circular red blusher, red little lips, curly golden wig), she was dressed in a Victorian costume, only they made it short and sexy, and she was posing on top of a raised GRAVE! I got the shock of my life when she moved. There were Gregorian type songs in the background, another one was on top of another grave, and there were bobbles everywhere from a bobble machine. Whatever they were doing, it looked interesting, but scary! I ran out quickly and found the Chinese Restaurant.

Rose was owned by a Pakistani-HongKong couple. They serve yummy Chinese cuisine. I have to order the Home Platter. They has Prawn toast, wanton, seaweed, spring rolls and ribs. Yes. Lamb ribs. In tangy Peking BBQ sauce. It was yummy! Then I ordered Char Beef Mee. Oh, the beef was so tender, the noodle was fabulous. And they gave a very super super hot sambal on the side. When I finished, a lady in a niqab came in and asked if they have a table for her family. Later on, I saw the staff cordon off a section of the restaurant with movable blinds and partition. I was so moved. I do not wear the niqab myself, but to see a Chinese lady boss and her staff doing such gestures, it was really sweet. So, if there are any niqabi sisters reading this, go to Rose and they can cordon off the area for you so you can eat and take off your niqab. Tolerance for other people's practice, Rose gets thumbs up!

Anyway, I ordered too much, brought a doggy bag home, and had it for breakfast.

Now, I need to study. Sayur Asam is on the stove!

Farah







"I want to be swept off my feet. I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it." -Anonymous

flamingbikini - 10:41 AM

|