[::..August Sunshine...::]
I can't believe it is AUGUST! Time flies. Whizz by you so quickly.
I went back to work on Wednesday. However, due to my kind natured friends, they volunteered to do the walking and running for me. I was still wobbling around the department when I can. I have a lot of nicknames: Hobbler, Wobbler...all sorts. I heard someone somewhere called me an invalid, and I need crutches! Aside from some snide comments, almost everyone was being kind. I enjoyed the day back at work. But everyone who saw me kept on asking me to go home. And whoever saw me walking, kept on asking me to sit down. They mentioned slicking me to the chair so I can't escape!
Today was a better day. I was walking with less of a limp, and was able to put a bit of weight on it. However, I was quite scared that it will happen again, so I was quite easy on it. My left calf have muscles now as I was bearing most of my weight on it. And even my right toes as well, as I have to tiptoe on the right leg. But definitely walking better today. I still do find it quite painful to straighten the leg or to bend it too much.
I decided to give myself a treat today after work. I went to my favourite shop to have Rice and Spicy Peas. Basically it is rice cooked in a non starchy way, and curried chick peas with a huge serving of yogurt. But after this meal, I regretted when I saw the dinner menu. It was Calamari Tempura, Nasi Goreng and Cheesecake. Bloody Hell. I wished I waited. I spoke to the owners. The Nasi Goreng is such a hit, they have to have it all the time. They said, next time I can ask for Prawn Nasi Goreng. And it is Chili based, not garlic based. Sedap....But after my rice and spicy peas, I ordered my favourite Bread and Butter Pudding, still warm from the oven. Wow. It is sooooo nice. I ordered it to go, but I immediately had a go at it. I also bought 2 slabs of dark chocolates from that shop. I love dark chocolates now. It is so nice. Unless you can get Swiss or Belgian chocolate, avoid other sweet chocolates at all cost. Once you go Belgian, you will never look back. But dark chocolate, by all means. The higher the chocolate content, the better.
Enough of all this food business. Johnny tore a little piece of my croissant, and I told him:"Farah don't share food!" Hehe. Coz I was just soooo hungry by tea time.
Farah
"By Time, verily men are at loss, except those who believe."
I went back to work on Wednesday. However, due to my kind natured friends, they volunteered to do the walking and running for me. I was still wobbling around the department when I can. I have a lot of nicknames: Hobbler, Wobbler...all sorts. I heard someone somewhere called me an invalid, and I need crutches! Aside from some snide comments, almost everyone was being kind. I enjoyed the day back at work. But everyone who saw me kept on asking me to go home. And whoever saw me walking, kept on asking me to sit down. They mentioned slicking me to the chair so I can't escape!
Today was a better day. I was walking with less of a limp, and was able to put a bit of weight on it. However, I was quite scared that it will happen again, so I was quite easy on it. My left calf have muscles now as I was bearing most of my weight on it. And even my right toes as well, as I have to tiptoe on the right leg. But definitely walking better today. I still do find it quite painful to straighten the leg or to bend it too much.
I decided to give myself a treat today after work. I went to my favourite shop to have Rice and Spicy Peas. Basically it is rice cooked in a non starchy way, and curried chick peas with a huge serving of yogurt. But after this meal, I regretted when I saw the dinner menu. It was Calamari Tempura, Nasi Goreng and Cheesecake. Bloody Hell. I wished I waited. I spoke to the owners. The Nasi Goreng is such a hit, they have to have it all the time. They said, next time I can ask for Prawn Nasi Goreng. And it is Chili based, not garlic based. Sedap....But after my rice and spicy peas, I ordered my favourite Bread and Butter Pudding, still warm from the oven. Wow. It is sooooo nice. I ordered it to go, but I immediately had a go at it. I also bought 2 slabs of dark chocolates from that shop. I love dark chocolates now. It is so nice. Unless you can get Swiss or Belgian chocolate, avoid other sweet chocolates at all cost. Once you go Belgian, you will never look back. But dark chocolate, by all means. The higher the chocolate content, the better.
Enough of all this food business. Johnny tore a little piece of my croissant, and I told him:"Farah don't share food!" Hehe. Coz I was just soooo hungry by tea time.
Farah
"By Time, verily men are at loss, except those who believe."