[::..Sunny Side Up..::]
London was blessed with bright sunshine today. It was a bit too hot and humid for my liking though. And after using jackets for about 10 months, going out without one makes me feel like going out naked. I feel so insecure.
I was walking down Kings Road and it was covered in seas of blue. Chelsea fans were everywhere. From posh ones to downright skanky fans. We won 1-0 to Portsmouth today. I didn't watch it as I was working. Yes, working hard on a Saturday. Looking at these 'Londoners' makes me laugh. Just because theres a bit of sunshine today, girls are walking wearing bikini tops and skimpy skirts, and guys, without any shirt altogether. They all look suspiciously tanned. Which is a bit ridiculous coz we have only approximately 3 weeks of sunshine in a year here. Obviously these people either use fake tan and look orange like oompa loompas, or they bake themselves in the sunbeds. Anyway, the weirdest thing is, they all walk down Kings Road as if there is a beach at the end of the road. The whole Kings Road looks like La Ramblas in Barcelona! Lots of Honeyz. Whatever. Rain, or Shine, or Snow, or Heatwave, I am there in my long sleeved top and hijab. So, whatever the weather or season is, my clothing is the same. I miss the winter. I really do. Not long now Farah. Few more months to go!
Anyway, I received my Swiss Ball. For those of you who do not know what a Swiss Ball is, it goes by the name of GymBall, Blue Ball, exercise ball....etc, etc. It was recommended by a friend who has chronic back pain to use it. She said, just sit on it and the action of balancing myself will strengthen my core muscles. Strengthen my back muscles, as well as my tummy muscle. I do not have a tummy muscle. I have one huge tummy muscle, called a blob.
Anyway, I blew it up, and sat in it with caution. I had been warned that it will be difficult to sit on it the first few times as I will be wobbling around. So, I sat on it, and I sat fine. I wasn't wobbling. Back feels nothing, and so is the tummy. So, what is the fuss man!!!!!!!!!
I am still sitting on it while entering this post. It has been 30 minutes now, and yes...I feel it. My back is getting tired. But it does correct your posture. And I feel a bit tired now.
So, stay tuned to see if my posture improved and my back pain gone. I have an appointment with the osteopath in September. Yah, like nenek nenek kan. Sakit tulang.
Waiting for Shaykh AK's class....20 minites more.
Farah
"Love is a many splendid thing."
I was walking down Kings Road and it was covered in seas of blue. Chelsea fans were everywhere. From posh ones to downright skanky fans. We won 1-0 to Portsmouth today. I didn't watch it as I was working. Yes, working hard on a Saturday. Looking at these 'Londoners' makes me laugh. Just because theres a bit of sunshine today, girls are walking wearing bikini tops and skimpy skirts, and guys, without any shirt altogether. They all look suspiciously tanned. Which is a bit ridiculous coz we have only approximately 3 weeks of sunshine in a year here. Obviously these people either use fake tan and look orange like oompa loompas, or they bake themselves in the sunbeds. Anyway, the weirdest thing is, they all walk down Kings Road as if there is a beach at the end of the road. The whole Kings Road looks like La Ramblas in Barcelona! Lots of Honeyz. Whatever. Rain, or Shine, or Snow, or Heatwave, I am there in my long sleeved top and hijab. So, whatever the weather or season is, my clothing is the same. I miss the winter. I really do. Not long now Farah. Few more months to go!
Anyway, I received my Swiss Ball. For those of you who do not know what a Swiss Ball is, it goes by the name of GymBall, Blue Ball, exercise ball....etc, etc. It was recommended by a friend who has chronic back pain to use it. She said, just sit on it and the action of balancing myself will strengthen my core muscles. Strengthen my back muscles, as well as my tummy muscle. I do not have a tummy muscle. I have one huge tummy muscle, called a blob.
Anyway, I blew it up, and sat in it with caution. I had been warned that it will be difficult to sit on it the first few times as I will be wobbling around. So, I sat on it, and I sat fine. I wasn't wobbling. Back feels nothing, and so is the tummy. So, what is the fuss man!!!!!!!!!
I am still sitting on it while entering this post. It has been 30 minutes now, and yes...I feel it. My back is getting tired. But it does correct your posture. And I feel a bit tired now.
So, stay tuned to see if my posture improved and my back pain gone. I have an appointment with the osteopath in September. Yah, like nenek nenek kan. Sakit tulang.
Waiting for Shaykh AK's class....20 minites more.
Farah
"Love is a many splendid thing."