[::..My Pain..::]
I hope everyone is having a good Ramadan. I want to write about 2 things today. My predicament, and a book. I will try to make it short and sweet hopefully.
Yesterday, in my sickbed (yes, sick again, tummy bug still there somewhere) I watch a stoning event in a country that is not to be named (can't name the country, I am too disgusted by it). A man was lashed till he passed out, and then he was taken down and shrouded like a corpse and brought to a plain. There were two small holes on the plain, and plenty of passersby. I was thinking to myself, they can't be serious burying the man who is still alive in that tiny little hole. That is against the Shariah. So, I watched on, even though my tummy was flipping ever so often, but by now I suspected that it was due to the scenes I was watching rather than the bug itself. So, they placed the shrouded man vertically in the hole (hence the small hole) and buried him to his waist. And suddenly, everyone there started stoning him while shouting, "Allahu Akbar!". He was pelted as if he was a chicken suffering from plague. And the look on the faces of the stoners were so full of hatred and satisfaction. From what , I really wonder. I made a conclusion that these stoners were actually stoning this man, not because of the punishement he deserved but rather, they were possessed by their own Nafs. And I don't think Shaytan has anything to do with them stoning the man so earnestly. And this means it is worse, because they only have themselves to be ashamed off. So, after a few well aimed stones, you can see blood gushing and staining the white shroud. A moment later, then stoned man collapse, and I am so sure, he died.
Anyway, I felt so sick. I hated this laws. I know it is the Shariah law. But I am so confused. Allah is so Merciful, So compassionate. Allah has 100 hundred mercies one of which he had sent down to be shared with humans, animals, jinns...And He saved 99 mercies for the Day of Rising. Surely, if Allah is so Merciful, wouldn't the Kings, or Mullahs, or Muftis, or Ayatollahs of this particular land would be merciful to? It disillusioned me. If Allah gave us a chance to repent for whatever sins we have done, this punishment of stoning to death that was carried out does not make sense. It would mean, the person would die in a state of unrepentance. Which would totally disagree with the ayats and surahs in the Al-Quran that always encourages us to repent and that Allah is ever so Merciful. More Merciful than a mother to a child. This whole situation just doesn't add up well with me. And yet, I know that Shariah Laws exists and Muslims have to abide by it, and not deny a single ayat in the Quran.
So, I brought this case up to my Quran teacher who I still have access to. He is an Islamic Lawyer who is moonlighting as a Quran Teacher. I told him, I am in distress. I am beginning to feel that Huddud that was carried out in this particular place does not conform to Islam, or worst still, maybe they do, but I just don't agree which means I am disagreeing with the Quran. I explained what I saw. And he carefully and patiently explained that stoning exist in Islam, but to actually come to that stage takes a lot. To the point that is it virtually impossible to pass a sentence like such. For example, a fornicator, in order to be lashed, you need 4 witness, to SEE the couple in ACTION (he was explaining to me loosely). So, he ask, is it possible for 4 person to be watching them in action, and you don't need 1, you need 4 witnesses. Unless of course the couple does it in public which is a bit far fetched. And not only you have to see them together, you need to see them AT IT!. Which is another impossibility. So, he explained, the laws really are served as a warner, to prevent and scare people from the sins. And to come to the point of passing judgement, it takes a lot. So, Islamic laws really, protects, more than anything else. And I felt soooooo much better. Daniel always never fails to make me feel better when I have problems with Islamic Issues. And to have a teacher like water out of a tap, is just the bestest (I made this word up in the Dictionary of Farah) thing in the world.
So I ask, does it mean that those countries are doing it wrong then. He said, possibly. Because it is virtually impossible. And these people do all these crazy things like Honour killing, or kicking their daughters in public till she dies. And don't even get me started on the crazy men who hits women or groups of women who are out in the streets shopping. Then when they get out of their original place, instead of hitting the women, they want to hug ALL the women. It is as if they do as they like. Sigh, the madness there is in this world that is created by some Islamic Nations. The worst part is, all of the Muslim world is being dragged into it. People should just remember: Islam and Muslim is totally different. Muslims are not perfect. Islam is.....
And for those of you interested in knowing more about stoning and Hudud, click on the link below from Sunnipath. Then you will realise, even the Messenger of Allah s.a.w tried to avoid punishing people, how merciful is he s.a.w, and He s.w.t. This puts my heart at rest. I will never ever think that Hudud Laws are cruel. In fact, I was right that it served as a warner. And that the judge of that particular state, should he had passed this sentence wrongfully, he was indeed in the wrong. Daniel reminded me: Sister, always read your Islamic books alot of times and you will feel better. He is going to send me a book on Islamic Law from the far far away land where he is from.
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4208&CATE=42
Now, I don't think I can write about my book. Tomorrow perhaps after I buy my vacuum cleaner.
Farah
"Love is a many splendid thing."
Yesterday, in my sickbed (yes, sick again, tummy bug still there somewhere) I watch a stoning event in a country that is not to be named (can't name the country, I am too disgusted by it). A man was lashed till he passed out, and then he was taken down and shrouded like a corpse and brought to a plain. There were two small holes on the plain, and plenty of passersby. I was thinking to myself, they can't be serious burying the man who is still alive in that tiny little hole. That is against the Shariah. So, I watched on, even though my tummy was flipping ever so often, but by now I suspected that it was due to the scenes I was watching rather than the bug itself. So, they placed the shrouded man vertically in the hole (hence the small hole) and buried him to his waist. And suddenly, everyone there started stoning him while shouting, "Allahu Akbar!". He was pelted as if he was a chicken suffering from plague. And the look on the faces of the stoners were so full of hatred and satisfaction. From what , I really wonder. I made a conclusion that these stoners were actually stoning this man, not because of the punishement he deserved but rather, they were possessed by their own Nafs. And I don't think Shaytan has anything to do with them stoning the man so earnestly. And this means it is worse, because they only have themselves to be ashamed off. So, after a few well aimed stones, you can see blood gushing and staining the white shroud. A moment later, then stoned man collapse, and I am so sure, he died.
Anyway, I felt so sick. I hated this laws. I know it is the Shariah law. But I am so confused. Allah is so Merciful, So compassionate. Allah has 100 hundred mercies one of which he had sent down to be shared with humans, animals, jinns...And He saved 99 mercies for the Day of Rising. Surely, if Allah is so Merciful, wouldn't the Kings, or Mullahs, or Muftis, or Ayatollahs of this particular land would be merciful to? It disillusioned me. If Allah gave us a chance to repent for whatever sins we have done, this punishment of stoning to death that was carried out does not make sense. It would mean, the person would die in a state of unrepentance. Which would totally disagree with the ayats and surahs in the Al-Quran that always encourages us to repent and that Allah is ever so Merciful. More Merciful than a mother to a child. This whole situation just doesn't add up well with me. And yet, I know that Shariah Laws exists and Muslims have to abide by it, and not deny a single ayat in the Quran.
So, I brought this case up to my Quran teacher who I still have access to. He is an Islamic Lawyer who is moonlighting as a Quran Teacher. I told him, I am in distress. I am beginning to feel that Huddud that was carried out in this particular place does not conform to Islam, or worst still, maybe they do, but I just don't agree which means I am disagreeing with the Quran. I explained what I saw. And he carefully and patiently explained that stoning exist in Islam, but to actually come to that stage takes a lot. To the point that is it virtually impossible to pass a sentence like such. For example, a fornicator, in order to be lashed, you need 4 witness, to SEE the couple in ACTION (he was explaining to me loosely). So, he ask, is it possible for 4 person to be watching them in action, and you don't need 1, you need 4 witnesses. Unless of course the couple does it in public which is a bit far fetched. And not only you have to see them together, you need to see them AT IT!. Which is another impossibility. So, he explained, the laws really are served as a warner, to prevent and scare people from the sins. And to come to the point of passing judgement, it takes a lot. So, Islamic laws really, protects, more than anything else. And I felt soooooo much better. Daniel always never fails to make me feel better when I have problems with Islamic Issues. And to have a teacher like water out of a tap, is just the bestest (I made this word up in the Dictionary of Farah) thing in the world.
So I ask, does it mean that those countries are doing it wrong then. He said, possibly. Because it is virtually impossible. And these people do all these crazy things like Honour killing, or kicking their daughters in public till she dies. And don't even get me started on the crazy men who hits women or groups of women who are out in the streets shopping. Then when they get out of their original place, instead of hitting the women, they want to hug ALL the women. It is as if they do as they like. Sigh, the madness there is in this world that is created by some Islamic Nations. The worst part is, all of the Muslim world is being dragged into it. People should just remember: Islam and Muslim is totally different. Muslims are not perfect. Islam is.....
And for those of you interested in knowing more about stoning and Hudud, click on the link below from Sunnipath. Then you will realise, even the Messenger of Allah s.a.w tried to avoid punishing people, how merciful is he s.a.w, and He s.w.t. This puts my heart at rest. I will never ever think that Hudud Laws are cruel. In fact, I was right that it served as a warner. And that the judge of that particular state, should he had passed this sentence wrongfully, he was indeed in the wrong. Daniel reminded me: Sister, always read your Islamic books alot of times and you will feel better. He is going to send me a book on Islamic Law from the far far away land where he is from.
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4208&CATE=42
Now, I don't think I can write about my book. Tomorrow perhaps after I buy my vacuum cleaner.
Farah
"Love is a many splendid thing."
Labels: Islam