//......Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Your Words, they Break My Soul......\\

My Words

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Know Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return...

Don't Try To Fix Me....
I'm Not Broken!

My Past

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009

My Loves

Listen to Quran Online
The Dowra Program
Dar Al-Mustafa
Ahmad Zahab
My Heaven
Faza
Syifaa
Dollie
Nash

My Needs


JoinSunniPath Academy!
Want to learn to Recite the Quran?Click Here!
Knowledge for the Soul!

Gentle Disclaimer

Entries of this blog are mood dependent. I will write as I please.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace


The Randoms







Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

Saturday, May 24, 2008

[::..Love Labour's Lost..::]

Salam everyone....every have that feeling when you feel you want something from someone and you have to make effort to get that something? Well, i am feeling it big time! But anyway, today is the typical Saturday. Nothing much to do. The days are so long now. Fajr is at 3am and Marghrib is at 9am. Imagine fasting during summer! That will be interesting for me. I remember the best part about moving here in 2004 was the very first time i did Ramadhan in London. That year in 2005, The day was so short. We practically broke our fast at 6pm. Imagine when we started practicing day light saving and the clocks went back by an hour! Towards the end of Ramadhan, I was praying marghrib at 4.50pm! It was such a novelty for me. I was so excited. But the stress also came when I was at work and I found it so hard to do my prayers. It was just an hour between all the prayer times and it was really crazy. But thanks to my lovely bosses then, they took over me for all my prayer times and accommodated my lunch around Zuhr and asr.

Now, the situation is different. It is really a blessing to even eat lunch, and we finish late all the time. No one really bothers what happens to the EP girls back in Lab3 and Lab4. The moment they go in there at 9am, you will never see the 4 EP girls. It is like they vanish in thin air.

Right now, I am patiently waiting for Isya which will be at 10.50pm, yeah and it is only May. It gets longer as we approach the summer months. I have to sleep with an eye shade these days because at 6am, it is like 10am in Singapore. You can walk the streets at 4am and everyone will look like they are going shopping. So bright. I don't really like the summer months because of the long days as well as the odd prayer times, but the best part is I can still pray Zuhr sometimes when I get home. And also, the museums open for extended hours during summer. The weather is drier and it's sunny and cold. I have learnt to love the sun ever since i lived here. Yeah, the sun that I made enemies with while I was in Singapore, is the love of my life now. So much so, when my fake tan wears off, I hate myself looking so fair. Kadang I look at my own feet, macam kaki dipped in white sauce pulak. I am waiting for the sun to come out again hopefully next week and I will be able to apply my fake tan again. At the moment, it is a little wet and cold all over again.

In London, the whole irony of good weather is that it will be perfect during the weekdays when we are all in the office. Come weekend, or even a long weekend, it will be pissing rain everywhere. But Alhamdullilah. Allah swt knows best.

It was so nice for the past 5 months to have someone to care. But on this long weekend, i have no one to care for. We have decided to take some time off to think of what we both want in life. Wanting different things, having different goals can really put a damper in any relationship. But whatever it is, life to me is still beautiful. I may shed a tear or two, but Insya Allah whatever decision we decide after my Hamburg trip, i will be ok. Love should bring out the best in you, not depress you. And I was happy.....Think of me God Willing!

Love Labour's Lost-Vesper

"My Lord! I am in absolute need of the good You send me."

flamingbikini - 10:40 PM

|