//......Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Your Words, they Break My Soul......\\

My Words

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Know Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return...

Don't Try To Fix Me....
I'm Not Broken!

My Past

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009

My Loves

Listen to Quran Online
The Dowra Program
Dar Al-Mustafa
Ahmad Zahab
My Heaven
Faza
Syifaa
Dollie
Nash

My Needs


JoinSunniPath Academy!
Want to learn to Recite the Quran?Click Here!
Knowledge for the Soul!

Gentle Disclaimer

Entries of this blog are mood dependent. I will write as I please.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace


The Randoms







Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

Friday, May 16, 2008

[::..The Satay Saga!..::]

Hello.....You! Yes you!

How long has it been? Almost a month since I last wrote an entry? Not quite a month, but almost a month. Work has always been busy. I survived my first weekend on call all by myself, and an extremely busy one too. I have been working for 12 days straight now with no off in between because my weekend on call was so busy, it was like a normal working day. But, but because all the doctors are away this week, work has been quite relaxed. I have also been in the Peads lab and I am enjoying it so very much. I have also done my first Balloon Pump. It was an automated one, but because I am so ya-ya, I decided I have to know how to do it all, so I turned off the automated function and did everything manually. And one more patient is saved! lol!

Weekends are the best, and this weekend especially. I really needed this weekend as I was busy on call last weekend. Rumah tak terkemas, baju tak tercuci, dah masak pinggan mangkuk pun tak basuh! So yesterday, all those things are done! After work today, I went to Chinatown. Bought ingredients to make Satay-Thai style, but my darling auntie sent me a text to make the Malay style one. And luckily the ingredients are almost the same with a little bit of difference.

Yeah, when you are living here by yourself, you always want to make food that taste the same like home. There are lots of Malay restaurants, and they serve nice food, but you just want recipes from your own family. The chicken is marinating now, hopefully tomorrow it will taste good. It smells good, and the spices taste like it's good, but we have to see.....I don't have a Barbecue, so I will have to make do with grilling or frying them. The Satay gravy unfortunately I will have to cheat. And the reason why is because i can't be bothered to fry 1kg of peanuts! Actually I forgot to buy them! So I will be using Peanut Butter instead.

The butcher today was very surprised because normally I will buy 10 chicken wings, or two slices of steak, or two slices of lean beef, a baby chicken. But today I asked for 1 kg of brisket, 1 kg of chicken breast, and the biggest baby chicken he has, all of course with no skin. The baby chicken will be for soto ayam since mum and auntie bought me a lifetime supply of ketupat instant. The brisket will be for beef stew....So, the whole week i will Insya Allah have food in the fridge and won't have to cook ever again as I will be busy next week!

I have also become a fan of fake tan unfortunately. No, not the orange type ones or St Tropez. Just the very light hint of tan. The first day I used it, I was quite upset that I did not develop any tan. Then as I apply it day by day, I found that I developed a nice golden glow. Then i also found streaks of different shades in my ankles, feet and hands because the tan tends to collect at certain areas more. And because I also constantly wash my hands due to work, my tan stops at the wrist and my hands and palms are my original fair colour. Luckily I do not looked Tango-ed. Or amber orange! But yesterday when I ran on the treadmill, my palms looked sooooo orange, it was glowing orange like the traffic light. It was because my hands were engorged with blood during the run. I was getting a bit worried there!

Ok, not much updates to be honest. But will update you all on the food prepared with pictures hopefully!

xo xo

Vesper-The Chef Wannabe
"My Lord! I am in absolute need of the good You send me."

flamingbikini - 11:08 PM

|