[::..Arabic vs Tajweed..::]
It has been a hectic few weeks. I guess it is the rush before Christmas. I also have been taking on more than I could chew. Only because last month I was on basic pay due to my holidays. Insya Allah this time round it will be better. I have been shopping the past weeks. I bought a new mattress, a new pillow, some make it yourself hand cream which by the way is a hot favourite among my colleagues, and also my long awaited Al-Fajr clock has just arrived today. I am however waiting for my Passport which is still pending as we speak.
It is so nice to hear the Azan in my flat. I made sure it is on Volume 3 so I can immerse myself in the melodious sounds of the prayer call. I have been waiting for this clock for weeks. I am so fed up that i have to keep on checking in the Internet for the prayer times. It is winter now, so, the duration between two prayer times are really short.
Otherwise, I have started to cook again. I have some frozen seafood in my freezer and I am waiting for a good time to make noodles or something of that sort. My flat is so clean now. After being such a pig sty for two weeks, I managed to clean the toilet and bathroom, clear my dining table, keep all my books aside, wipe down my furniture and then change my bed sheet. This weekend I am on call, and i think it will be a shit weekend with lots of pacing checks. So,, no cooking. Well, maybe simple ones. But to me honest, i really don't dare to cook when I am on call.
Went to the gym yesterday. I was a maniac. It was hard trying to run again after 2.5mths of not exercising. And my back pain was back. So, yesterday I sacrificed a few hours of Private Work to go gym. I have been eating a lot of nonsense lately and thus, I have grown fat. I put on 2 kg. My Size 10 jeans still fit me, only it is a bit snug. Obviously my bum has grown again. So, I was running and running and i reached this time where i was just in a trance, i could feel the gush of hormones in my body to keep me going. Then i felt it. Stitches. Damn, I kept going for a few minutes, then it was too painful to go on. So I stopped running and I started walking fast. Then I tried running again, but still painful. So, forget it. I moved to the weights machine and did my upper body, and a bit of my thighs and bum. Today, when i woke up, I was in a bit of pain, but maybe tomorrow...It will be worst.
I am at a crossroad. Not sure to continue with my Arabic language or to continue with higher levels of Tajweed. Mum and Nek Ijah said Tajweed more important coz we need to know how to read the Quran properly. But I want to do Arabic Grammer so I could understand the Quran properly. Such a loss to read it and not understand it. Such a loss. But I can't do both at the same time. It will be too hectic for me. Arabic takes 7-8hrs of commitment per week inclusive of memorisation of verbs and words. But Tajweed only needs 3hrs. So, maybe i will do Tajweed Insya Allah and complete the learning once and for all. There will be a live test where I have to read a chosen Surah in class. Stress stress. I can do it, I know I can with Allah's will of course. Without it, i am nothing.
Farah
"Beware of destroying what you built, dispersing what you gathered, eliminating what you gained, regressing after guidance and deteriorating after refining."
It is so nice to hear the Azan in my flat. I made sure it is on Volume 3 so I can immerse myself in the melodious sounds of the prayer call. I have been waiting for this clock for weeks. I am so fed up that i have to keep on checking in the Internet for the prayer times. It is winter now, so, the duration between two prayer times are really short.
Otherwise, I have started to cook again. I have some frozen seafood in my freezer and I am waiting for a good time to make noodles or something of that sort. My flat is so clean now. After being such a pig sty for two weeks, I managed to clean the toilet and bathroom, clear my dining table, keep all my books aside, wipe down my furniture and then change my bed sheet. This weekend I am on call, and i think it will be a shit weekend with lots of pacing checks. So,, no cooking. Well, maybe simple ones. But to me honest, i really don't dare to cook when I am on call.
Went to the gym yesterday. I was a maniac. It was hard trying to run again after 2.5mths of not exercising. And my back pain was back. So, yesterday I sacrificed a few hours of Private Work to go gym. I have been eating a lot of nonsense lately and thus, I have grown fat. I put on 2 kg. My Size 10 jeans still fit me, only it is a bit snug. Obviously my bum has grown again. So, I was running and running and i reached this time where i was just in a trance, i could feel the gush of hormones in my body to keep me going. Then i felt it. Stitches. Damn, I kept going for a few minutes, then it was too painful to go on. So I stopped running and I started walking fast. Then I tried running again, but still painful. So, forget it. I moved to the weights machine and did my upper body, and a bit of my thighs and bum. Today, when i woke up, I was in a bit of pain, but maybe tomorrow...It will be worst.
I am at a crossroad. Not sure to continue with my Arabic language or to continue with higher levels of Tajweed. Mum and Nek Ijah said Tajweed more important coz we need to know how to read the Quran properly. But I want to do Arabic Grammer so I could understand the Quran properly. Such a loss to read it and not understand it. Such a loss. But I can't do both at the same time. It will be too hectic for me. Arabic takes 7-8hrs of commitment per week inclusive of memorisation of verbs and words. But Tajweed only needs 3hrs. So, maybe i will do Tajweed Insya Allah and complete the learning once and for all. There will be a live test where I have to read a chosen Surah in class. Stress stress. I can do it, I know I can with Allah's will of course. Without it, i am nothing.
Farah
"Beware of destroying what you built, dispersing what you gathered, eliminating what you gained, regressing after guidance and deteriorating after refining."