//......Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Your Words, they Break My Soul......\\

My Words

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Know Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return...

Don't Try To Fix Me....
I'm Not Broken!

My Past

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009

My Loves

Listen to Quran Online
The Dowra Program
Dar Al-Mustafa
Ahmad Zahab
My Heaven
Faza
Syifaa
Dollie
Nash

My Needs


JoinSunniPath Academy!
Want to learn to Recite the Quran?Click Here!
Knowledge for the Soul!

Gentle Disclaimer

Entries of this blog are mood dependent. I will write as I please.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace


The Randoms







Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

Monday, December 8, 2008

[::..My First Eid Prayer..::]

I am siting at home today after such an eventful morning. My friend woke me up really early for Tahajjud, as how he always does for the past few weeks. In my slumber, i managed to ask him a few questions about today's plans. It is Eid. And For the first time Aidil Adha means a lot to me. Yes, for those of you who feels like it is a smaller Eid, think again. I have been there before but apparently, this is the bigger Eid. And the 9 days prior to it is so much loved by Allah swt including the day itself. I got up, had a nice long shower, and waited for Fajr. After Fajr, i left my flat really early to Central Mosque. I must make it in time. Have to. If I still want to pray in the prayer hall that is!

All sorts of nonsense happen on the way. As usual, Circle Line is so full of rubbish. Kept on stopping. I kept looking at my hp to check the time. My ipod is blasting the Takbir ever since I left my home. Reached Baker Street. Got off the train, crossed the street and was almost knocked down by a really speedy BMW convertible. I was still smiling after after escaping! Thank God I'm still walking and not sprawled on the street. Late already! Made a heartfelt doa to Allah swt to please keep a place for me in the warmth of the prayer hall. Confession time: I have never went to a mosque for Eid prayers. I have never even been under the block for Eid prayers. But this time I must make it different....travel across town in the cold, early morning to do my prayer in congregation. Thankfully enough, last night in pengajian Hilaal went thru the way to solat Eid. I didn't know how to.

Went there, reached there and the door was closed. My heart sank. Must be full. Then i looked at the shoe rack, gosh it's empty. So I opened the door and saw a sea of people in all races and colours waiting for the Imam to start the takbir. One thing about England is that it really brings out the worst in Singaporean, Malaysians and Indonesian. Very sombong with their own kind. Don't want to give a space, never mind. Fine with me. But at least when someone ask politely, or smile at you, return back the kindness. In my previous blogs I have written how some makcik makcik clutching their Guccis and YSL bags and just refuse to return a salam, or even a smile. Kena jeling lagi ada. Ok...whatever. So I saw this Makcik near the door, and I said salam. I could see her face, so so masam like buah asam! I asked if it is an empty spot, can i sit there? She signalled with her hands like a very reluctant 'ok'. But i went there and stood there. As I was going to put my bag down, she moved her body and stood exactly where I was going to sit. I looked at her, and she clearly uncomfortable with her own actions, pretended not to look at me. Takut agaknya or what, I don't know! Then i saw a little spot for myself. A Somali family gave me. I was so thankful.

The ladies area was so super packed. And yet, people were still coming in and for some reason, no one came out. I am very amazed at how people can still find space. Mind you, it is a place of worship, doesn't belong to anyone, so nobody have the right to solat bukak kepak and be comfortable. Everyone has to play a part and squeeze. I kept on looking at the door. How come, so many people and yet the shoe rack is empty. Where are the shoes of these people. Then I realised, they brought their shoes inside in plastic bags. Like how we did in Umrah. So I said to myself, "That's it. My shoe...." Then I said a doa, "Ya Allah, if it is qodar for me to walk back with that shoe, it will be saved only by your power." And i just forget about the safety of my shoes after that.

A lady sat between me and the Somali lady. She asked me if it is ok. I said yes. Now a bit cramp, but later when we stand up, we will be ok I said. So the imam started the takbir then we prayed. It was very quick. 2 Rakaat. I was waiting for the Khutbah. Central Mosque normally delivers English Khutbahs...I think. But it was in Arabic. I was so fed up. But I can't leave because people were at the door. Everyone was in such a merry mood. People were congratulating each other on the goodness of this day. It was so nice. Only, as usual, the southeast asians will only talk among themselves.

I went out and waited for the bus. And then took two other buses home. I kept sleeping in the bus. So sleepy! Few friends call me to see if we should go out. But in the end, I ended up being a reporter, a blogger, and an emailer....So, that's my day.

Another Raya without the family. Another one spent alone. Next year Insya Allah....


flamingbikini - 12:21 PM

|