//......Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, but Your Words, they Break My Soul......\\

My Words

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Know Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return...

Don't Try To Fix Me....
I'm Not Broken!

My Past

January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009

My Loves

Listen to Quran Online
The Dowra Program
Dar Al-Mustafa
Ahmad Zahab
My Heaven
Faza
Syifaa
Dollie
Nash

My Needs


JoinSunniPath Academy!
Want to learn to Recite the Quran?Click Here!
Knowledge for the Soul!

Gentle Disclaimer

Entries of this blog are mood dependent. I will write as I please.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace


The Randoms







Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine

Sunday, December 7, 2008

[::..Selamat Hari Raya Haji..::]

First and foremost: Eid Mubarak to all Muslims in this world.

For the very first time, Hari Raya Haji means more to me. The past few years, the only Eid I know is Aidilfitri and it is all because we have to fast for one month, the teraweehs and all the good things we have to do in that special blessed month. Hari Raya Haji never meant that much to me as I never know the significance of it all other than people going to Hajj and the occasional sacrifice we have to do. It is important to them, but but about us who are not in Mecca?

Everything is different now. Ever since I came back from Umrah, and being able to see Arafah, Mina, Muzdaliffah, Masjid Nameerah physically makes me more aware of the importance of Hajj eventho I am not among the pilgrims. From the 1st of Zulhijjah, we are recommended to do good deeds as no other deeds is more loved by Allah swt than the deeds done in the first 10days of Zulhijjah. So, we should fast, be more steadfast in Islam, do more sunnah things, give charity and of course for all those who can afford it, it is highly recommended and some schools say Wajib to offer an animal for sacrifice. I learn a lot more about the history of the Hajj, and the significance of the story of our beloved Prophet Abraham a.s. Also, the 9th day of Zulhijjah is the Day of Arafat in which people who are not performing hajj should fast and the rewards are sins of 2 years will be forgiven. We are encouraged to say the Takbir often till the 13th of Zulhijjah and of course to attend the Eid Prayer in congregation. Praying in congregation is becoming more and more important to me now as I do not want to rugi on the rewards of solat jemaah. So much better than praying alone. I didn't know a lot about this previous years. In fact, i always went to work. But this year, i checked the prayer times in Central Mosque and also how to get there, check for any line disruptions on the Tubes and all sorts.

Yes, it is different this year. I remember as a kid, Eid is always about new clothes, dressing up, make sure i do not get pimples, new coat of paint in the house, lots of cakes, lots of drinks, good food and lots of packets of money. The religious aspects of Eid in Singapore is soooo under emphasised. I wish, i wish, people would actually pay more attention to doing good than doing the unnecessary. But then again, the attitudes of Singaporean is that when someone don't have nice food, or nice cakes, or nice drinks in the house, they will be looked down upon. People actually forget that we have to be thankful with what the host gives us.

In the morning, I watched the live telecast of the pilgrims in Arafat. And my eyes are always in tears. Reminds me so much of mecca, the atmosphere, the crowds, and the attachment you have for that place. Such a wonderful feeling and yet such a sad feeling that it is not time to be there yet. By invitation only people! Insya Allah, one day, my turn will come and when I go, I hope I have a nice, pious companion next to me. But I know, He will always be my companion.

Few days ago I dreamt....it was a not so nice dream. I wont say it is a scary dream. But it is a dream that i rather forget. I dreamt I was diving. With my handbag, and I was running out of breath. No matter how I tried to swim to the surface, I still can't reach it. But for some reason or another, i kept getting a lifeline, i was able to breath thru my nose and get oxygen without snorting the water into my lungs. But I was so breathless, swimming up with all my might. Finally I reached the surface, took a big breath and guess what? Opened my handbag which was with me for some reason while I was diving, and checked if my mobile phone was still working! So typical Singaporean right! Sesak nafas takpe asal hp tak rosak! Sigh...

So, selamat hari raya haji, maaf zahir dan batin...You must celebrate. You must! It is recommended!

Farah


"Beware of destroying what you built, dispersing what you gathered, eliminating what you gained, regressing after guidance and deteriorating after refining."

flamingbikini - 11:41 PM

|